Prices are customized for each client. They are often dependent on location, numbers of participants and the type of session.
Introduction to Privilege:
- 90 Minutes
- Interactive presentation that defines and explores privilege in its many forms.
- Safe and engaging, while avoiding the defensiveness that often accompanies this topic.
Understanding White Privilege:
- 90 Minutes
- Interactive presentation that defines and explores White Privilege while avoiding the defensiveness that often accompanies this topic.
Optional application activities paired with above Foundational Modules:
Recognizing and Responding to Privileged Narratives :
- 1 additional hour
- Practice identifying and naming such arguments. Develop skills in responding to these
Bias Reduced Hiring:
- 2.5 additional hours
- Identify bias while navigating through the hiring process
- Deconstruct hiring process through an equity len
- Action planning for implementing this into hiring processes
Interrupting Prejudicial Comments or Actions:
- 1.5 additional hours
- Explore the role of bystanders in oppressive systems
- Explore obstacles, goals, strategies, and dynamics of successful interrupting
- Practice the skills of interrupting
- Develop personal plan
Stand Alone Sessions
The Industrial Prison Complex – Utilizes book: The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander:
- 2.5 hours
- Hear about the racialized rise of the prison system explained by Author Michelle Alexander
- Explore in small groups one aspect of the rise of the war on crime and the prison industry – the facts and its implications
- Large group chronically of the rise of the war on drugs and the Prison industry.
- Discuss local efforts at addressing the current conditions and their consequences.
- Develop personal plan for collective action
Customized session based on identified needs:
- 3-6 hours
- Sample Topics:
- Living an organization’s values and mission in a diverse context
- Primer on assessing an organization’s level of inclusiveness.
- Managing cultural conflict within an organization